We Made It to Maine!

Me, setting out for Newfoundland


I SAID GOODBYE to Peter and the dogs on Thursday and headed north. After a truly wonderful show in Mystic, CT, over the weekend, I rose early and got myself to the airport in Providence and picked up my friend Carol Baney, who is accompanying me on the first part of the trip, and we set off for Canada! 
Woody had surgery before I left, to remove bladder stones. 
He is out of the cone now and doing well, Peter says. 


Bye-bye, doggies! 

Here's Carol, arriving at the airport.

Road Art! 
The Big Blue Bug, a touchstone on I-95 in Providence. 
It's been there as long as I can remember. 




***
Wendilee's Place


We stopped the first night in Winter Harbor, Maine, to stay with my friend Wendilee Heath O'Brien, a marvelous painter and fascinating person. She makes art in a variety of styles and uses a variety of media, and does it all with great verve, rich imagination and strong, strong skills. Carol and I had a nice night with Wendilee and her family, and spent a delightful bit of the morning exploring Wendilee's studio and looking at her work. You can see more of it by clicking here to visit her website, whopaints.com

And if you are in the Bar Harbor region - or want a fun reason to take a trip there - please visit her studio in Winter Harbor. She will welcome you, and make it easy for you to own a piece of her beautiful work. 

Here are Jack, foreground, and Hondo, Wendilee's dogs.  

Above, Hondo helps keep the studio safe. On the left is one of Wendilee's pastel paintings.



Above, one of Wendilee's gold-leaf paintings. She's used the grain in the wood to suggest the ebb and flow of water in the cove. Genius! 


Above, Wendilee's kitchen. Below, my early-morning drawing of her kitchen. 
I'm drawing more, working on improving my skills. It is fun! 


***
Dog of the Day

It's Hondo, one of the sweetest dogs ever. He is a big lummox, and so well behaved that the top police officer in Winter Harbor has given his approval for Hondo to be off leash at all times. 

***
A Final Thought

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness."

- Mark Twain





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Post

Foggy House in Maberly

On the River in Truro