Painting Fog.

Outside Elliston, 10x10

THIS TRIP, I have decided to be bold, be courageous, meet the challenges head-on.

It's hard to paint fog with a brush. It's even harder to paint it with a palette knife. The knife is great for lots of things, but not for fog, which requires softness, edges that you can feel and sense but not really see.

I usually shy away from painting fog. I wait it out, avoid it, figure it's beyond me. But this trip, I am determined to paint the things that scare me. Boats, cliffs, and yes, fog. Here is one of two fog paintings I've made so far on the trip. I hope you all like it!

***
Moose!!!!


YES! WE SEE MOOSE!!!
Carol and I are outside Gander, heading somewhere - right now, I can't remember where - and it is a chilly, cloudy, gray, morning. We are going down a big hill, and Carol is driving and I'm looking at the map.

"Whoa!" she yells, and pulls over. Backs up the hill. "Moose!"

Thank heavens! It was Carol's big goal for the trip, and I am happy as a moose in a clearing that we met it.




***
Dog of the Day


It's me with Chief, a 3-year-old Newfoundland dog Carol and I met at Signal Hill in St. John's. A crowd gathered around Chief, and everyone wanted to have their photo taken with him. 



Above, Carol with Chief. Below, Chief's service provider.

***
A Final Thought

"Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again
in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey."

- Pat Conroy

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Post

Foggy House in Maberly

On the River in Truro